Established in 790 by Moulay Idriss, Fez is the cradle of a millennium-long monarchy, and the longtime capital of the Cherifian empire. You'll explore some of that history at Kairaouine university, a medieval university that's the oldest continuously functioning educational institution in the world, located in the heart of the medina.
Enjoy the Panoramic view of Fez, the Royal Palace Gate, pass by other schools such as the Madrasa Bouanania built by Sultan Abu Inan Faris, and the Madrasa Al-Attarine created by Sultan Uthman II Abu Said, then visit the Nejjarine Fountain and the city's colorful tannery. Visit the Mellah, or Jewish Quarter, and see the old Ibn Danan Synagogue, which dates to the 17th century.
NB: Lunch during the walk in the Medina (If Selected)
After a day of exploring, meet back up with the driver for 4:30 PM departure to Casablanca, where this tour concludes with drop-off at your hotel.
- Car with driver at your disposal during the Tour.
- Private Air-conditioned Car/ Van Equipped with WiFi.
- Multilingual driver.
- Candy and sweets.
- Bottled mineral water.
- City center hotel pickup and drop-off in Casablanca.
- Entrance fees to monuments.
- Registered Official, knowledgeable Tour Guide in Fes.
- Lunch included(if selected)
- Personal expenses.
- Optional activity costs.
- Gratuities (recommended).